- A 3.5 lb./gal (420 g/l) VOC compliant, one-component, ultra-productive waterborne basecoat that delivers single-visit application with 1.5-coat coverage for the majority of colors and no flash time between coats to reduce steps in the repair process
- It is ideal for spot, panel and overall repairs
- Solid, metallic and pearl colors are clean and bright to easily and accurately match OEM finishes
- Cromax Pro Basecoat provides ease of application and accurate color matching
- The excellent hiding, coverage balance gives significant savings in application time and consumption
- Meets all VOC Regulations mandating less than or equal to 3.5 VOC RTS
- Cromax Pro Basecoat requires reduction with Cromax Pro Controller to achieve RTS viscosity and proper flake control
- 2 year shelf life at 20 degrees celcius
- Cromax Pro Basecoat drying will depend on external conditions such as relative humidity, air flow, temperature, etc.
- Cromax Pro Basecoat mixing colors must be thoroughly stirred on a mixing machine before weigh-out, and the Cromax Pro color has to be stirred immediately after weighout Do not use a mechanical shaker to mix RTS color
- Spray gun must be stainless steel and dedicated for waterborne application
- Use plastic cans or suitable steel lined cans
Apply 1 medium coat at a gun distance of 8-10 inches from the surface to achieve 75% opacity, followed immediately with one light coat at a gun distance of 12-15 inches from the surface. Apply an even paint film through dense overlapping (70% or more). Apply all coats wet-on-wet. Do not flash between coats. Flash until flat before application of clearcoat.